Research Fellowships in Physics
University of Bristol School of Physics welcomes applications to host independent research fellowships. There are a number of funding schemes which support talented researchers in starting an independent research career at Bristol. We have extensive experience in supporting these applications: guiding you towards the most appropriate scheme and also helping you to draft a highly competitive application. We have an excellent track record in progressing our successful Fellowship holders onto permanent academic appointments.
Reasons to select Bristol Physics to host your application
- Internationally recognised, world-leading research across a wide range of Research Themes
- More than £30M of state-of-the-art equipment in Physics
- Extensive high performance computing facilities
- Extensive opportunity for cross-disciplinary research with Engineering (Computer Science, Electronic and Electrical Engineering), Chemistry, Life Sciences or Mathematics
- Dedicated Mentor in Physics for the duration of your Fellowship – advising on your career and academic development.
- A supportive and inclusive environment where people from the broadest backgrounds can be themselves, do their best work and reach their full potential.
A list of the fellowship schemes, the eligibility criteria and deadlines (if known) can be viewed at the following link:
For further information, please contact our School Research Director, Ruth Oulton.