Questions and help

Who to contact and why

Your Supervisor

Your Supervisor is the best person to contact with questions about your specific project.  They can also tell you if there are any specific issues with starting your project.

Your School Graduate Director

Your School Graduate Director is there to give you pastoral and academic support throughout your degree.  They are usually the person you take problems to that you can't fix with your Supervisor.  They are all academic members of staff with lots of experience of supervision PGR students.  Where two people are listed, you can contact either one:

Biochemistry:  Ian Collinson (
Biological Sciences:  Gareth Jones (
Cellular Molecular Medicine:  David Matthews (
Physiology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience:  Beck Richardson (), James Hodge (
Psychological Science:  Ute Leonards (, Jeff Brunstrom (

The Postgraduate Office

The Faculty Postgraduate Office are the best people to contact with questions about forms, processes, paperwork and all other practical questions:


The University Student Visa Service can help you with all questions you might have about visas and their website gives useful information as well as contact details.

Frequently asked questions

I am currently finishing a MSc degree and my results won't be available before the start of my PhD - what should I do?

Contact us at and we will find the best solution for you.

I am vulnerable to Covid-19 and need to take extra precautions - what should I do?

Contact us at and we will make sure that you can work safely.

I will not be able to come to Bristol for the start date of my degree, or am not sure if this will be possible.

Contact us at and we will find the best solution for you.

Edit this page