University of Bristol PhD Scholarships
Funded 4-year PhD Scholarships
As part of the University of Bristol’s major new investment in PhD scholarships, Life Sciences are pleased to be able to offer 7 fully-funded University of Bristol PhD studentships to start in September 2022. These 4-year PhD scholarships cover your tuition fee and provide a stipend and research costs to support you during your studies.
We have prioritised two areas for scholarships - funding for international students and co-funded projects with industry partners. The University of Bristol is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we welcome and encourage applications from across the world and from minority and under-represented backgrounds.
What we offer
- A 4-year PhD studentship with a range of research training opportunities, including short courses in research, statistical, computational and generic skills
- A tax-free stipend (£15,609/year in 2021/22)
- Up to £7,500 of research costs per year, depending on topic
- Waiver of tuition fees for both UK and international students
Industrial Partnered Studentships
The two industrial partnered studentships for September 2022 entry will be advertised shortly.
The Faculty is currently advertising 60 projects available for international students, covering our wide portfolio of research on life sciences areas of global importance, including but not limited to:
- tackling the causes and impact of climate change
- how the brain and mind work
- engineering biology for new medicines
- diagnostics and crops
- combating infections including pandemics and antimicrobial resistance
These studentships are for international students who are not eligible for a home (UK) tuition fee. You can find more details on these studentships and how to apply here.
The closing date for applications will be: 28th April 2022.