Relocating with possessions

If you are moving to the UK from outside the European Union, you will need to obtain a Transfer of Residency reference number by completing the form TOR01. Your relocation or shipping company should ask you for this reference number, so they can arrange for your possessions to clear UK customs.

You should consider what items you wish to bring with you to Bristol. Depending on where you will be living, are furniture and fittings provided and how much storage space you will have either at home or in your workplace? You will then need to arrange to transport them here, whether by land, sea or air. General guidance can be found about moving your personal possessions to the UK on the Government website.

When weighing up what to bring, you should also take into consideration whether electronic devices will be compatible in the UK. The UK voltage is 230 volts AC.