LGBT+ Staff Network
Who we are
We support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and other sexualities and gender minorities, who work at the University through creating an LGBT+ Staff Network, listening to ideas and working to make positive changes.
Co-Chairs of the LGBT+ Network
- Suzanne Doyle (Executive Manager, Bristol SU)
- Tony Joannou (Head of Payroll and Pensions, Finance)
How we can help
The UoB LGBT+ Staff Network provides the following:
- Social events to get to know Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & other sexualities and gender minorities (LGBT+) throughout the university, and other educational institutions in Bristol.
- Lines of support and contacts for any LGBT+ issues in the workplace - for individuals and as a group.
- Work with HR, through the Co-Chairs, to contribute to the development of policies and initiatives, and to ensure that all LGBT+ staff have a consistent and positive experience at the University.
Can I join?
Membership is open to all University staff who identify as LGBT+, including people of any sexual orientation, gender or age. There is no subscription fee.
To join the network please email us at email@example.com. You'll be added to the mailing list to receive details of upcoming events and socials, as well as relevant news and information and consultation and updates on the work the Committee are doing on your behalf with the University.
Once you have joined the network then you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact everyone on the mailing list. Responses go to the person who sent the email and not to everyone on the list unless you want them to. Please share any interesting events, useful contacts and relevant information with the group.
Find out more about the LGBT+ Staff Network, including events and more news.
We have at least one social gathering per month (off campus but near the University). These events are friendly events to meet other LGBT+ members throughout the university. Previous events have included pub gatherings, walks, bowling trips, etc. We are open to suggestions for activities, and any member can organise one.
There are also meetings which occur at lunchtimes three times a year. These provide an opportunity to discuss any LGBT+ issues in the workplace and generate ideas that improve the working lives of LGBT+ staff at Bristol.
If actions are required the co-chairs of the group liaise between the group and relevant parts of the University to help this happen.