Find out the academic and English language entry requirements for your Study Abroad programme.
You must meet all of these conditions:
- You are currently enrolled in a higher education institution and studying towards a bachelor's degree
- You have completed at least one year of study at university level by the start of your Bristol studies. If you're studying towards a 4-year bachelor's degree, we strongly recommend that you have completed at least 2 years of study
- You have a strong ‘B’ average or 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA).
If there are mitigating circumstances that have affected your grades and mean that you are very slightly below the 3.0 GPA or equivalent, we may still be able to consider your application. In order to do this, we will need an academic reference from your home university and a personal statement to explain any mitigating circumstances. Each application will be assessed individually.
English language requirements
You must meet one of the following conditions:
- English is your native language
- English is the language you are taught in at your home university. If you think this applies to you, please contact email@example.com to confirm whether you need to provide any additional evidence as part of your application.
- You can provide proof that you meet the English language requirements for your Study Abroad programme.
Study Abroad (General pathway) and Study Abroad (Subject pathway)
|Programme||IELTS Academic||TOEFL iBT|
|Study Abroad (General pathway) and (Subject pathway)||6.5 overall with 6.0 in all skills||90 overall, minimum 20 in all parts|
Other accepted qualifications
You can also meet our English language requirements using one of the certificates listed on Language Profile H. You will need to check that you have achieved your qualification within the valid timeframe.
If you have another type of English language certificate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
STABEL (Study Abroad with English Language) programme
IELTS Academic for UKVI
(from authorised test centres only)
Study Abroad with English Language (STABEL) with six-week pre-sessional course
|6.0 overall with 5.5 in all skills|
Study Abroad with English Language (STABEL) with ten-week pre-sessional course
|5.5 overall with 5.0 in all skills|
English language support
If you want to improve your confidence with academic English while you study, English language units are also available to take as part of your Study Abroad programme.