Minister for Digital Infrastructure launches series of events focused on 6G research in the UK 26 May 2021 The first of a three-part series of universities-run workshops focused on 6G research in the UK supported by UK SPF and DCMS launches today.
- Dr Soheyl Soodmand awarded two best paper certificates for his presentations at two international IEEE conferences 1 June 2021 Dr Soheyl Soodmand has been awarded two best paper certificates for his presentations at two international IEEE conferences. Congratulations to Soheyl on this fantastic achievement!
- Minister for Digital Infrastructure launches series of events focused on 6G research in the UK 26 May 2021 The first of a three-part series of universities-run workshops focused on 6G research in the UK supported by UK SPF and DCMS launches today.
- u-blox and University of Bristol selected as a finalist in 2018 TechWorks awards 19 November 2018 u-blox and University of Bristol are proud to announce their selection as a finalist in the Research Collaboration category of the TechWorks Awards 2018 – the highest accolade in the UK Deep Tech Industry, for their R&D project on Reconfigurable Wireless Transceivers for Global Connectivity.
- CSN Group Welcomes Federico Boccardi 6 September 2018 Dr Federico Boccardi has joined the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Bristol as a Visiting Industrial Professor. Through collaboration with the Communications Systems and Networks research group, he will provide complementary expertise in wireless communications, spectrum regulation and policy alongside his strong academic and industrial connections both in the UK and overseas to the group.
- Smart Internet Lab hosts successful completion of EU project, 5G-XHaul 4 July 2018 The EU project 5G-XHaul concluded at the end of June 2018. The final event was organised by the Smart Internet Lab's High Performance Network Group (HPN) at the University of Bristol, UK.
- Bristol to collaborate with India on country's first 5G Testbed 22 June 2018 The University’s Smart Internet Lab has entered into a strategic relationship with C-DOT (the Centre for Development of Telematics), an autonomous Telecom research and development centre supported by the Indian Government. The MoU was signed on the 20th June in the presence of senior members of Department of Telecommunications and Indian Minister Shri Manoj Sinha, Hon'ble Minister of State for Communications.
- University of Bristol partners leading Chinese tech companies to host smart city research forum in Beijing 16 April 2018 Word-leading experts from the University of Bristol and the provider of the world's largest mobile network, China Mobile, shared their insights into how 5G and the massive Internet of Things (IoT) will service rapidly expanding cities in China and around the world at a research forum in Beijing today [Monday 16 April].
- 5G technologies showcased by Bristol researchers at CYBERUK 10 April 2018 The latest 5G research in radio wave propagation modelling, smart cities, high-capacity radio waveforms and Gigabit transport connectivity will be highlighted by University of Bristol engineers at CYBERUK.
- Bristol unveils high-fidelity radio models for ultra-reliable 5G deployment 21 March 2018 The University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab unveiled its world-leading 5G radio models to government and members of the public last weekend [Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 March] at the Layered Realities 5G Showcase.
- Bristol and Watershed to host UK's first public trials on new 5G testbed 28 February 2018 The University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab; Watershed, the leading film culture and digital media centre in the South West, and We The Curious, the Bristol-based science centre, will host the Layered Realities Weekend 5G Showcase next month [17 and 18 March]. The event will launch the world's first public 5G testbed to explore the next generation of wireless and wired connectivity through a series of free experimental public events.