Annual UKADR conference: Complex Hazards/Complex Vulnerabilities
University of Bristol
The annual 'UK Alliance for Disaster Research' will this focus on the theme of 'Complex Hazards/Complex Vulnerabilities' in 2018.
In recent years there has been a growth of recognition that disasters arise from, and are impacted by, complex interlinked hazards interfacing with complex vulnerabilities. Rapid urbanization, climatic change, intensification and growing reliance on technology, and regional and global economic chains, are all making disaster risk reduction more complicated and more important. Understanding these complexities demands the integration of arts, social sciences, engineering, and the physical science knowledge. It also requires the sharing of expertise between practitioners, academics and policy makers.
The 2018 UKADR Conference will explore the intersections of complexities related to disaster studies.
The UKADR conference provides a forum for UK researchers to network across disciplinary fields and to interact with research funders, national and local government and charitable organisations operating in the UK and internationally. International researchers are welcome to attend.
Calls for individual papers has now closed.
Propose a panel session (now closed)
We are also now inviting panel proposals for the conference. Submission gudelines are as follows:
- Abstracts must be a maximum of 250 words, and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 November
- Panels are expected to include academic and policy voices
- Panels will be allocated approximately 90 minutes.
Proposed panel topics include, but are not limited to:
- Built Environment
- Climate Change & Disasters
- Disaster Funding, Laws and Policies
- Disaster ICT and Emergency Communications
- Disaster Management
- Disaster Relief, Resilience and Research
- Disaster Response and Management Natural Hazards
- Technology and DRR
- Police, Fire, Military Personnel in Disasters
- Public Health
- Sociology of Disasters
- Urban Planning & Urban Renewal
- Other Areas (please specify)
For informal enquiries, please contact email@example.com.