GE-Hitachi ABWR Seminar 2016
Pugsley Lecture Theatre, Queen’s Building, University of Bristol, BS2 1TR
Bristol has been chosen by Hitachi to host the next in their series of ABWR Seminars on 10 and 11 May.
Learn about the design and operation of the most established Generation III+ nuclear reactor in the world, and meet key people involved in its development in Japan and deployment in the UK. Also get the opportunity to hear from leading academics undertaking leading science and engineering research to improve the safety and security of nuclear energy in the UK and around the world.
- ABWR overview and water chemistry
- Structural integrity
- Non-destructive testing and inspection
- Seismic design and resilience
- Advanced monitoring and detection technologies
- New materials development
- Accident prevention and recovery, including learning from Fukushima
This event is aimed at students, academics and those in industry. Full details and booking information can be found on the South West Nuclear Hub website.
Jamie Townes, email@example.com, +44 (0) 117 92 88755