Biology Week - Where will our food come from?
Biology Week Event: Join the Western Branch of the Society of Biology for an evening to explore various aspects of our food supply in the future with speakers in the fields of nutrition, supply of water and food distribution, food policy and community development.
Refreshments will be served between the speakers and the Q&A session.
- Alison Benbow (senior lecturer in nutritional therapy, University of Worcester) - Basic nutritional building blocks: What our bodies need to be able to function.
- Dr Louise Manning (senior lecturer in food production management, School of Agriculture, Food and Environment, Royal Agricultural University and director of the Centre for Translational Research, Royal Agricultural University) - Management of issues surrounding water and distribution of food.
- Dr Philip Goodwin (CEO of TREE AID) - Working with communities as a basis for a thriving agricultural economy.
- Monica Maya and Tim Bevan (senior project officer, Food For Life Partnership, Soil Association) - Current challenges and innovations in food production practice and policy.
- Dr. Jo House (Leverhulme Fellow, School of Geographical Sciences, University of Bristol) - Impacts of land use changes and climate change on food production
Contact and Booking
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your attendee for the event, where you should also direct any enquiries.