Climate Change and Health Awards
21 September 2018
Wellcome Trust offers funding to support researchers who want to explore the links between people’s health and a changing climate.
The awards are open to individuals or teams of up to ten members from anywhere in the world.
Your proposal must focus on at least one of the following areas:
- Developing tools, data sources and other resources to support research into climate change and health
- Assessing the health co-benefits of actions to mitigate climate change
- Assessing the health impacts of actions to adapt to climate change
Wellcome Trust especially welcomes proposals that do one or more of the following:
- focus on low- and middle-income countries, where the risks of climate change are highest
- encourage collaboration among different research disciplines
- yield policy-relevant evidence that can help drive change.
Preliminary application deadline: 11 October 2018
Full application deadline: 10 January 2019
Decision: March 2019
For more detail: Wellcome Trust's Climate and Health Awards.
The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute would be happy to support University of Bristol colleagues interested in applying for these awards.
We are also holding an open session on Friday 28 September, 9-10.30am, Royal Fort House, Garden Room, for researchers at the University of Bristol interested in responding to this call. If you are interested in attending the session, please let us know by registering for this event by 5pm on Tuesday 25 of September.