EPSRC Healthcare Technologies Grand Challenges NetworksPlus Call
23 July 2015
The EPSRC invites applications for NetworkPlus proposals that seek to establish new research communities around one of the Healthcare Technologies Grand Challenges of: · Developing Future Therapies · Frontiers of Physical Intervention · Optimising Treatment · Transforming Community Health and Care. The call offers up to £5 million to fund approximately 8 new collaborative research UK wide networks, which should build new collaborations across disciplines and organizations.
Each proposal must explain the fit to the chosen challenge area and demonstrate evidence of how they will connect with on-going excellent research in the UK to grow and develop the network.
There are no restrictions on the number of applications to this call per university; however, the EPSRC expect bids led by the same university to be significantly different in their focus. The expectation is institutions will have coordinated with applicants prior to submission and networks to be combined if they are similar. Therefore applications will be required to adhere to the University’s Major Bid process.
Intent to Submit drafts should incorporate the following information:-
- Title of the proposed network
- The Grand Challenge the NetworkPlus aligns to
- Name of the Principal Investigator for the proposed network
- Name of any Co-Investigators for the network
- The name(s) and institution(s) of any other named participants in this network to date
- Approximate value of the proposed network
- Brief description of the focus of the network and how it aligns to the named grand challenge (max. 2000 characters)
The deadline date for the draft expressions of Intent to Submit is 10th August 2015.