Elizabeth Blackwell Institute/Rosetrees Trust Mental Health Research funding call 2020
This scheme is closed for applications.
About the scheme
With support from the Rosetrees Trust and Wellcome Trust Institutional Strategic Support Fund (ISSF) the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute has funding available to support research projects that will address mental health and wellbeing. Research projects should demonstrate clear pathways to deliverables and next steps, such as impact on practice, patient or individual outcomes or future large-scale programmes of work. We wish to support research focused on a number of populations, including research with health or social care professionals, University staff, students, and populations at risk of disadvantage.
The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute has identified the following priorities as key areas that project applications could address. We welcome applications that focus on these areas. In addition, applicants are welcome to suggest other challenges that are not included in the list below.
1) Impact of Covid-19 on mental health and wellbeing. This could include impacts related to the pandemic and related changes in society, having the condition, or provision of care or support for others (e.g. research with health or social care professionals, University staff, populations at risk of disadvantage).
2) Ways to reduce or address impact of Covid-19 on mental health and wellbeing, either in the immediate or longer-term.
3) Mental health and wellbeing for students, including undergraduate and postgraduate learning, including research with focus on students who may be at risk of disadvantage.
Each successful project could be funded up to £25k for up to 12 months duration.
Funding is available to support 4 projects in total.
The deadline for applications is 12 midday Wednesday 1 July 2020.
Applications will be peer-reviewed by a multidisciplinary group of experts who will form a panel for decision-making. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by 31 July 2020. Projects should start on or by Thursday 1 October 2020.
- The scheme is open to all University of Bristol academic staff members
- Funds can be used for direct costs only (salary and non-salary)
- Please note it is not possible to include costs for the appointment of new staff under this scheme, however, with the agreement of the School the funds may be used to extend a contract of a staff member or ‘buy out’ their time
Full details of the call are in the Application Form which can be downloaded from this webpage.
Download and complete the application form below, and return it to Esther Kissane-Webb by 12 midday Wednesday 1 July 2020.
Further information and queries
If you require further information or have any queries, please email us.