IGRCT Travel Grant
- Mr Richard Cole (PhD Candidate in Ancient History, Bristol) was awarded an IGRCT Travel Grant to attend and present at the Classical Antiquity & Memory international conference in Bonn on the 28-30 September 2017. He will also act as ambassador for the IGRCT to help strengthen ties between Bristol, Bonn, and other classical reception Institutes.
IGRCT Travel Bursaries
- Four students at the University of Bristol were awarded IGRCT Travel Bursaries in 2016/17. Full details of their endeavours will be published in due course.
- Recipients announced
IGRCT Conference Grant: Ovid Across Europe
- Organisers: Ms Marta Balzi (PhD Candidate in Italian Studies, Bristol), and Dr Gemma Pellissa Prades
- Funding awarded for catering and publicity for all speakers and Bristol delegates at this conference in Bristol on 28-29 September 2017.
- Call for Papers
IGRCT Outreach Grant: The Bristol Classics Hub
- Organisers: Dr Genevieve Liveley and Dr Pantelis Michelakis
- Funding awarded for travel to local schools, and to support a student intern and assistant teacher on the project.
- Bristol Classics Hub
IGRCT Research Grant: Restoring and Showing Silent Film: Treasures from the Turin Film Museum
- Organisers: Dr Carol O’Sullivan and Dr Pantelis Michelakis
- Funding awarded for the film rights, and for travel and accomodation for visiting speakers to this event in autumn 2017.
IGRCT Reading Group Grant: Calvino Postgraduate Reading Group
Organisers: Dr Laura Jansen and Mr Richard Cole (PhD Candidate in Ancient History, Bristol)
A fortnightly reading group for postgraduates across the Faculty of Arts, following on from the Nietzsche for Non-Philosophers postgraduate reading group of 2015-16, the Borges Postgraduate Reading Group of 2014-15, and the Browning Reading Group of 2013-14. The group will run five sessions starting Friday 3rd February 2017.