Academics in the Faculty are working on world leading research within arts and humanities. We have the expertise to help you.
Partner with our researchers and engage our students to spark ideas, exchange expertise and develop projects that shape the world around us.
Collaborate with us on projects and activities for mutual benefit. Working together we can combine our expertise, creativity and curiosity to develop solutions for our challenges. We are doing ground-breaking work to exchange ideas with communities and the public to explore the entrepreneurial potential of our research. Together we can:
- Put research into practice with impact and engagement.
- Collaborate on projects on a range of shared priorities. Recent examples include:
- Connecting Through Culture As We Age, digital innovation for healthy ageing.
- Waves of Change, inspiring young people to take climate action.
- Bridging Histories, nurturing futures through history and heritage.
- The Research Institute for Sociotechnical Cyber Security (RISCS), examining and responding to the security of people, process and technology within organisations.
- Contribute to the university’s research institutes, and to initiatives such as MyWorld and Bristol Innovations.
- Support opportunities with a newly awarded Arts and Humanities Council Impact Accelerator Account, through seed funding, proof of concept funding, and accelerator awards. Read about one of the first projects awarded funding, video game development in Brazil to tackle social media disinformation.
Engage with our Research Centres and Groups. They are driving innovation through interdisciplinarity, developing new approaches to existing challenges and pioneering research in new areas.
Enhance collaborative doctoral training with us at the home to the South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership.
Engage with our students as part of their programmes. Help us devise real-world challenges that enable students to apply their subject knowledge and skills creatively and at the same time bring benefit to your teram and the wider community.
- Generating a client-led brief.
- Developing an engaged learning opportunity.
- Offering a placement