We guarantee an offer of University-allocated accommodation for the first year of study to UK, EU and International undergraduates who apply by 30 June 2021, provided that they:
- have firmly accepted an offer of study at Bristol (this means you need to put Bristol as your first choice to be guaranteed accommodation),
- are coming to study at Bristol for the first time (this means you are not a returner or have not suspended your studies previously),
- are unaccompanied (this means you are coming without dependent family members, spouses or partners).
The guarantee does not apply to students who:
- miss the application deadline,
- have not firmly accepted their offer of study by 30 June 2021,
- are Erasmus students,
- have previously studied at the University of Bristol, for any length of time either online or in person (if this applies to you, you will only be eligible to apply in our returner application and not the main round of applications),
- have previously moved into University-allocated accommodation, for any length of time (if this applies to you, for example because you suspended your studies, you will only be eligible to apply in our returner application and not the main round of applications).
Please note that in order to fulfil our guarantee we may make you an offer for a room that is not in one of our advertised residences or offer you temporary accommodation or a place in a room shared with another student for a short time.
Important information for prospective students
The Accommodation Guarantee will be withdrawn if an applicant has not met the terms of their original offer of study by 31 August 2021.
The guarantee deadline for international students is usually 30 June but there are a very small number of exceptions to that. If you think you are an exception, please contact the International Office and they will let us know whether we need to extend your guarantee deadline.