Huygens is a software package designed for image restoration via deconvolution. Deconvolution is an algorithm-based approach for reassigning out-of-focus light to its origin, thus improving signal-to-noise in images. This is most evident for images collected on widefield systems; however, it can also be applied to confocal, STED and lightsheet images. Huygens has additional functionality for standard image processing and analysis operations.
- Deconvolution of microscopy images including those from widefield, confocal and STED systems.
- Capacity to use acquired or simulated PSFs for characterisation of optical system being deconvolved.
- Warning of sub-optimal parameters for deconvolution.
- Nyquist sampling calculator available online to suggest correct parameters for image acquisition (see Additional Information).
- Image processing and analysis features, including colocalisation, segmentation, photobleach correction and 3D visualisation.
- High-performance in in-house tests on deconvolution compared to other software packages (widefield and confocal tested).
- Intuitive wizards for parameter selection and processing.
- Single license available in facility and no free version for home/personal use.
- Commercial software requiring a license.
- Additional functionality requires further module licences.
- Available on image processing computer in room C27/U (Data analysis suite). Access to this computer can be booked on PPMS.