There has been a significant increase in the numbers of PTW users being killed or injured over the last few years. The severity of these injuries are often worse than those of vehicle drivers.
Five basic tips that can help you keep safe
- Be prepared – be fresh and awake
- Be well equipped – always wear a helmet protective jacket, trousers, boots and gloves
- Maintain your Bike – regularly check tyres, brakes, battery, lights, oil and chain or shaft
- Be a considerate road user - consider your speed, road position and distance from other traffic.
- Maintain your driving skills – PTW training
Check out the BikeSafe website - an initiative run by Police Forces around the United Kingdom who work with the whole of the biking world to help to lower the number of motorcycle rider casualties.