Constitution and Terms of Reference
The Student Travel Policy and Plan Steering Group shall report into the Estates Services Senior Management Team, Student Affairs Committee and the Student Residences Strategy Development Programme Board.
Terms of Reference
- Provide the management support required to take ideas forward and identify strategic organisational decisions required to agree a student travel policy and as necessary agree revisions to associated University policies
- Steer the Travel Policy and Plan development in the desired direction and address any issues that may arise
- Identify and seek any necessary funding required to take the Travel Policy and proposed Plan forward
- Ensure the Policy and Plan are agreed in the University and communicated and promulgated within and outside the University
- Identify realistic targets and actions within the Plan to be achieved within clear timescales and attribute accountabilities as far as possible
- Monitor and review progress of the Travel Plan and keep key people/groups informed
- Ensure that the work to implement of the Travel Plan is co-ordinated with other activities in the University
- To ensure that policy and plans are available as required by the planning application process for new developments.
The need for this Steering Group will be reviewed annually.