Parents and carers
Visiting university open days is an important step in deciding where to study.
Our information talk for parents and carers will detail the support the University provides and how we can work with you to help prepare your student for the transition to university.
You will need to register for this talk when you or your student books onto the open day. Booking for our June open days opens on 18 April 2018.
If you book a place on the parents and carers talk, your booking confirmation email will have a second letter attached confirming your place on this talk.
Before the open day
- Talk to your student about why they want to study a particular subject and what they are looking for in a university.
- Encourage them to think about questions they might want to ask.
- Bristol is a beautiful city and the University is right at the heart of it. If possible, plan some time to explore.
- Have a look at our information for parents and carers.
- Print and bring with you: your open day booking confirmation letter and your parents and carers talk confirmation letter if you have booked onto the talk.
On the day
- Encourage your student to ask questions for themselves.
- Be supportive if they want to attend all or part of an open day on their own. This is a good chance for them to act independently and good practice for student life.
- Our open days are busy. We try to minimise delays but please be prepared to queue in some instances.
Our next open days
- Friday 15 June 2018
- Saturday 16 June 2018
Book your place
You can book for our 8 September open day from 25 July.
Maps and travel information including details of our free shuttle bus services