Exploring Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
Engineers and scientists change the world. This seven-week taster course explores the impact of STEM professionals on some of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. Led by colleagues from our Science and Engineering faculties, we’ll investigate how various disciplines can be used to improve the world around us.
Participants who complete this course are eligible for a guaranteed invitation to the assessment centre for the Foundation Year in Science, Engineering and Mathematics (CertHE). Information, advice and support will be given to those students who are interested in applying to this programme, or to another undergraduate degree at Bristol.
Topics may include:
- Affordable and clean energy
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Climate action.
Each week will include a seminar discussion and/or group activity. You will have access to online lectures from a specialist in the field. There will also be the opportunity to reflect on your learning and how it relates to wider contexts.
This course may suit you if:
- You are interested in how Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics impacts the world.
- You have thought about going to university but are not sure how to start.
- You would like to experience a selection of taster lessons before considering a further study programme, such as the Foundation Year in Science, Engineering and Mathematics (CertHE).
Details about the application process will be available in 2023.
For any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org