Open days and afternoons
Open days and afternoons are the largest events we hold for potential postgraduate students. Our postgraduate open day takes place in the autumn, and our open afternoons during the spring.
Postgraduate open day
Our 2018 postgraduate open day will be held on Wednesday 21 November, from 1 pm to 5:30 pm.
A full programme for the day will be circulated to visitors closer to the event, but you can expect:
- Exhibition stands where you can find out about:
- the subjects you could study at postgraduate taught and research level
- funded doctoral training opportunities
- support services available to our postgraduates
- Talks from specialist University staff on topics ranging from applying to Bristol to funding your postgraduate studies
- Tours of our campus
- The chance to speak to current students about their experiences
Bookings for this event are now open. Please register to attend using the button below.
EPSRC Doctoral Training Centres
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) has not yet announced its funding decisions for 2019-20 onwards, which means our EPSRC-funded Centres for Doctoral Training in science and engineering will not be confirmed until December. This is the case for all universities in receipt of EPSRC funding; it is not unique to Bristol.
At the Postgraduate Open Day, you will be able to talk to staff about research within our schools, but there will be no EPSRC Centres for Doctoral Training represented at the event. Instead, we will be holding a targeted EPSRC CDT event on 20 February 2019.
Please complete our expression of interest form so we can tell you when funding has been confirmed, inform you which of our CDTs have been successful and invite you to attend the CDT event in February.