Perhaps the best way to describe what Cultural Change is all about is to take the definitions of the word ‘culture’ and ‘change’ and see what they lead to:
- Culture: “The ideas, customs and social behaviour of a particular people or society”
- Change: “Make or become different”
So it’s about accepting that we are part of the need to change, it is all around us, and we need to effectively embrace this if we are to succeed as people, teams and a University.
Few would argue that the Higher Education Sector is going through massive change right now......
As a result, Cultural Change is one of the three key people development priorities at the University between 2010 and 2013 and a number of different interventions are offered to help in this regard.
- Coaching: Offering 1:1 personal changing to leaders and managers throughout the University to meet the particular change challenges they face daily at work
- On-line activities: Activities you can do via the web to test out how well you may react to change and what you can do about it
- Web resources: Information, guidance and contacts in the field of change management from experts in our Organisational Development Team
- Building a Positive Working Environment: An award winning approach to making working life productive, rewarding, enjoyable & healthy