Frequently Asked Questions
How do I cancel my membership?
If you pay monthly for your membership, contact us to with a cancellation request in writing.
You must give notice to cancel your membership 10 working days (or more) before the end of the month for payments to stop immediately. If you cancel within the last 10 working days of any given month, the payment will have already been processed and the following month will be paid for in full. In this instance, your membership will remain active until the end of the following month and you will still be able to access facilities.
If you pay annually you are unable to cancel your membership unless you provide a medical certificate to show that you are unable to continue to safely use the facilities.
Our cancellation policy is outlined in our terms and conditions (Section 5).
Please note: if you decide to rejoin at a later date, normal joining fees will apply.
Why can't I renew my membership online?
If you do not renew your membership before the expiry date, your membership account 'lapses' and will need to be reactivated by our memberships team before you can purchase a new membership online.
Contact us via our online enquiry form.
Why won't the gates at reception open?
- you do not have a valid membership - purchase a membership or pay-as-you-go pass online.
- you have not made a booking for the activity currently in session - many of our activities need to be booked online in advance.
Gates will also refuse access if:
- you have an outstanding balance on your account
- you have not completed a gym induction
- if you have a strike ban on your account (if you are given 3 strikes on your account you will be unable to make session bookings for 6 days)
Why can't I make a booking through my account?
If you are unable to make a booking it is because, either:
- the class is fully booked - our classes are are popular, however at times people do cancel a booking which will create spaces for others. You can join the waiting list and you will be automatically added if a space becomes available for you, up to 3 hours before the booking start-time - make sure to check your online account.
- you do no have fitness class benefits included in your membership - you can attend classes on a pay-as-you-go basis, or upgrade your membership online at any time
- you have a bookings ban on your account - a bookings ban is imposed when you incur 3 strikes on your account.
Strikes are added to your account if:
- you fail to attend a booking
- you attend a booking late
- you fail to swipe you card to confirm attendance
- you cancel a booking within 3-hours of the booking start time.
A bookings ban will last for one week. This system has been put in place to stop people booking multiple classes in advance and not attending.
If none of these apply to you and you are still experiencing problems, contact our memberships team.
I receive a bursary - do I get a discounted membership?
Yes. Get in touch with your student number and we will be able to tell you what membership discounts apply to you.
Please note that all Bursary memberships expire on 31 August each academic year unless a monthly direct debit option has been selected.
What happens in the event of another UK lockdown?
All memberships will be frozen and will be reactivated on the day that our facilities are permitted to re-open.
Sports Medicine Clinic
How do I book and pay for my appointment
You can book an appointment with the Sports Medicine Clinic via this online form
Once you are booked for treatment, we will send you an email with further instructions and any information you need prior to your appointment.
Payments can be made by logging into your online account.
How do I cancel my appointment?
Please contact us at least 24 hours in advance to cancel or re-arrange an appointment. Cancellations made within 24 hours of your appointment will incur a £20 cancellation fee.
Failure to attend your appointment without contacting us will be charged at the full appointment rate.