What is Public Engagement at University of Bristol?
Engaging with the public about our research is an integral and exciting part of academic life at Bristol.
Our team helps connect the University’s research with people and communities beyond academia. By seeking, creating and supporting opportunities to engage,we build meaningful relationships that help shape better research. It ensures our work has impact and relevance and that society's values and opinions inform our research to benefit people’s lives. Watch our short animated video to find out more.
- Improve the quality of research and our interactions within our locality
- Increase the relevance of research and the University to society
- Fulfil the University’s responsibilities to society
We do this by:
- Facilitating engagement between researchers and communities, leading to mutual benefit and wider societal impact
- Advocating responsibility in research and innovation and an inclusive research culture
- Upholding the principles of equity in collaboration, mutual respect, reciprocity and cognitive justice in our work with communities and researchers
- Enabling researchers’ engagement skills development at any career stage
- Providing advice on public engagement in funding bids and driving the application and delivery of large-scale grants
- Supporting the development and delivery of the University’s Global Civic strategy and managing key partnerships
- Sharing best practice in engaged research and inspiring others to embed it in their work.
Visit Our History page to find out the history of the Public Engagement Team at the University of Bristol.
Our training, resources and funding opportunities
Details of our skills development and information about funding opportunities can be found on our Intranet site here: https://uob.sharepoint.com/sites/red-public-engagement
If you're interested in learning more about public engagement and how our team can help, get in touch.
Sign up to CONNECT our monthly newsletter full of public engagement news, training opportunities, funding and inspiring stories.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow @engage_bristol on Twitter for the latest news and events.