Teachers and advisers
Schools and colleges
Open days are a great opportunity to bring a group of students to visit the University. If you plan to bring a group, please contact us.
Preparing your students
To ensure students get the most out of the day, encourage them to take the following steps beforehand:
- Look at the University website and course finder to make sure we offer a course that interests them.
- Look at our open days factsheet (PDF, 338kB) for advice on how to get the most out of an open day.
- Think about the university experience as a whole. What will it be like living in Bristol? Is it too far from, or too close to, home? Are they serious about applying to Bristol before they book on to an open day? What do they want to know about the city?
- Look through the open day web pages before booking so they can select which talks and activities they want to attend.
- Study the programme. A link to download a copy will be emailed to students when they book their place and will help them plan their day.
- Think of some questions in advance; your students will be able to talk to academics and current undergraduates.
- Find out what they need to bring on the day.
Opportunities for teachers, lecturers and HE advisers
If you are a teacher, lecturer or HE adviser, you must book your own place on the open day. When you book you will be able to reserve a place on any of our subject or welcome talks.
Academics, current students and admissions staff will be on hand to answer questions and provide information about our courses and how to support students through the application process.
Further outreach opportunities
The University is committed to working with schools and colleges throughout the UK to encourage young people to think about higher education.
This includes higher education and careers fairs, giving talks to staff, students and parents, and supporting candidates through the application process.
Booking for 2017 open days
Book now for our open day on Saturday 9 September 2017. Please note the booking form will close on Tuesday 5 September at 5pm.
Copies of the undergraduate prospectus will be available at the open day exhibition in the Wills Memorial Building.