New crop of Athena SWAN awards for Bristol
29 April 2015
The University is pleased to announce that several of its schools are new recipients of Athena SWAN awards.
The awards recognise progress made in advancing the representation of women in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine. Five schools at Bristol applied for Bronze Awards in the November 2014 round, and all were successful.
The new recipients are:
- School of Mathematics - Bronze Award
- School of Biochemistry - Bronze Award
- School of Biological Sciences - Bronze Award
- School of Geographical Sciences - Bronze Award
- Queen's School of Engineering - Bronze Award
This brings the total number of schools at Bristol with Athena SWAN awards to 12 (three Silver and nine Bronze).
For more information and updates, please see the University's Athena SWAN pages.