Maths Alumni Event Goes Virtual 31 March 2021 On Tuesday 9 March 2021, the School of Mathematics welcomed back some of their alumni to talk to current students about their experiences since graduating.
- Maths Alumni Event Goes Virtual 31 March 2021 On Tuesday 9 March 2021, the School of Mathematics welcomed back some of their alumni to talk to current students about their experiences since graduating.
- Scott Harper, Heilbronn Fellow, awarded the gold medal at STEM for Britain Awards 9 March 2021 Congratulations to Scott Harper, Heilbronn Fellow, who was awarded the gold medal at STEM for Britain awards, an annual poster competition, open to early career researchers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Royal Statistical Society Barnett Award recipient: Jonathan (Jonty) Rougier 3 March 2021 The 2021 Barnett Award is made to Jonathan (Jonty) Rougier.
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Statistical Science 18 February 2021 The School of Mathematics is seeking to make an appointment in statistical science at the level of Lecturer (analogous to Assistant Professor), Senior Lecturer, or Associate Professor, depending on the experience of the successful candidate.
- £20 million funding boost for the Heilbronn Institute 21 January 2021 A £20 million investment to champion innovation and nurture the greatest minds in mathematical sciences across the UK has been awarded to the Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research.
- Bristol Mathematics student pieces together the puzzle 6 November 2020 University of Bristol Mathematics student, Nathan Tozer has recently been featured on the BBC and Epigram for his hobby of completing complex puzzles that has attracted more than 300,000 social media followers.
- Improbable sponsors Compass PhD student in new partnership 15 October 2020 Improbable, a global technology company which provides innovative products and services to makers of virtual worlds and simulations, is sponsoring a PhD research project entitled Agent-based model calibration using likelihood-free inference.
- Patrick Rubin-Delanchy's paper is accepted for spotlight presentation at NeurIPS 2020 1 October 2020 Patrick Rubin-Delanchy's paper is accepted and ranked Spotlight at NeurIPS
- Black Lives Matter statement 30 September 2020 A statement from the School of Mathematics EDI Committee endorsed by the School
- Sparx funds University of Bristol PhD student investigating statistical modelling for personalised maths learning 29 September 2020 The University of Bristol is today announcing a new supporter of Compass – the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Computational Statistics and Data Science. South West based learning technology company Sparx, has agreed to sponsor a PhD student’s research project which will investigate new approaches to longitudinal statistical modelling within school-based mathematics education.