If you require assistance: please contact Angela Joyce, Catherine Downs and Naomi Nile who are currently providing Subject Support for this area. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can help you to:
Key subject resources
- Business Source Complete - provides access to bibliographic and full text content for the most important scholarly business journals from 1866 onwards.
- Mintel Academic - contains market reports on the following 4 areas: automotive industry UK, technical UK, retail UK, China: beauty, consumer lifestyles, drink, food, retail. Please note: use of this resource is limited to 4 concurrent users.
- Mintel Market Sizes - formerly known as the Mintel Global Market Navigator, this service contains data on thousands of consumer goods worldwide, including market size, market share and forecasts. Please note: use of this resource is limited to 4 concurrent users.
- Sustainable Organization Library - online library of book chapters, case studies and research papers drawn from books, reports and journal issues, focused on sustainability and social responsibility.
- Web of Science: Core Collection - databases available within the Web of Science Core Collection: Science Citation Index (1900-, with 1900-1945 limited to c.250 core journals); Social sciences Citation Index (1956-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (1990-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (1990-).
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases are on Blackboard, in the Library tab.
- Practical advice about your studies
- Library video tutorials - topics include: how to locate books and journals; understanding references on reading lists.
- Finding and using information - covering key aspects of information skills, including: researching a topic; effective use of Google; evaluating your search results; avoiding plagiarism.
- Referencing using EndNote
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.