Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 954 5230 | Internal 45230
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- Westlaw - full text UK law reports, legislation and journals, with an emphasis on intellectual property and commercial law titles; other featured areas include insurance, accounting and financial services, banking, construction, employment, property and health and safety.
- Lexis Library - contains CaseSearch citator, plus 66 UK law report series, 39 UK legal journals, UK newspapers, UK Broadsheets, and UK Nationals/Newspapers.
- HeinOnline - fully searchable archive of law journals mostly from the US, with an increasing number of titles from the UK.
- U.K. Parliamentary Papers - formerly House of Commons Parliamentary Papers, provides online access to House of Commons sessional papers from 1715 to the present, with supplementary material back to 1688.
- Kluwer Arbitration - leading online resource for international arbitration research, containing a wealth of commentary from expert authors and an extensive collection of primary source materials.
- Max Planck Encyclopedia of Public International Law (MPEPIL) - fully updated online edition of the Encyclopedia of Public International Law published in print between 1991 and 2001, including scholarly articles on all aspects of Public International Law.
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
- Practical advice about your studies
- Library video tutorials - topics include: how to locate books and journals; understanding references on reading lists.
- Finding and using information - covering key aspects of information skills, including: researching a topic; effective use of Google; evaluating your search results; avoiding plagiarism.
- Referencing using EndNote
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.