Exercise, nutrition and health
Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 394 0465 | Internal 40465
+44 (0)117 428 2189 | Internal 82189
Contact us if you would like some advice. We can help you to:
Key subject resources
- Medline (on OvidSP) - covers the international literature on bioMedicine, including the allied health fields and the biological and physical sciences, humanities, and information science as they relate to Medicine and health care.
- Web of Science: Core Collection - databases available within the Web of Science Core Collection: Science Citation Index (1900-, with 1900-1945 limited to c.250 core journals); Social sciences Citation Index (1956-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (1990-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (1990-)
- BIOSIS Citation Index - comprehensive database for the traditional areas of biology that combines content from the BIOSIS Previews database with fully indexed cited references from BIOSIS (from 2006) and content from all the Web of Science databases (prior to and post 2006).
- Scopus - large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, including: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings across the fields of science, technology, Medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- PsycINFO - comprehensive international database (sometimes mistakenly known as PsychINFO) covering summaries of journal articles, book chapters, technical reports and citations to dissertations in the field of Psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines.
- Embase - provides access to the bibliographic Excerpta medica database and covers approximately 3,500 international journals from 110 countries, with Data going back to 1980.
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.