Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 394 0465 | Internal 40465
+44 (0)117 428 2189 | Internal 82189
Contact us if you would like some advice. We can help you to:
Key subject resources
- British Education Index - provides information on research, policy and practice in Education and training in the UK from Education and training journals, monographs, book reviews, policy and conference papers, research reports and theses.
- ERIC - online digital library of Education research and information sponsored by the Institute of Education sciences (IES) of the US Department of Education.
- Australian Education Index - bibliographic database covering the period from 1978 to the present, including reports, books, journal articles, online resources, conference papers, book chapters and theses.
- Teacher Reference Center - indexing and abstracts for many popular teacher and administrator trade journals and books designed to help professional educators.
- Education Abstracts - provides indexing from 1983 onwards and abstracts from 1994 to date for hundreds of periodicals, books and yearbooks covering many aspects of Education and teaching.
- PsycINFO - comprehensive international database (sometimes mistakenly known as PsychINFO) covering summaries of journal articles, book chapters, technical reports and citations to dissertations in the field of Psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines.
- Kanopy - award-winning documentaries, classic and indie films, including education content
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.