Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 331 5417 | Internal 15417
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- ACM Digital Library - full-text repository of papers from publications that have been published, co-published, or co-marketed by ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) and other publishers.
- Derwent Innovations Index on Web of Science - provides access to more than 20 million patents in three broad areas: Chemical, Engineering, and Electrical & Electronic; with links to cited and citing patents, relevant literature, and full-text patent data sources.
- IEEE Xplore - full text access to technical literature from IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) journals, transactions, magazines, letters, conference proceedings, standards, and IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology) publications from 1988 onwards (with select content back to 1953).
- INSPEC - bibliographic information from the world's literature on all aspects of Physics, electronics, control engineering and information technology.
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science - book series published by Springer covering new developments in computer science and information technology research and teaching.
- Scopus - large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, including: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings across the fields of science, technology, Medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
- Study support
- Library video tutorials - topics include: how to locate books and journals; understanding references on reading lists.
- Finding and using information - covering key aspects of information skills, including: researching a topic; effective use of Google; evaluating your search results; avoiding plagiarism.
- Referencing using EndNote
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.
Cite them right - advice on how to use references accurately and for almost any type of source.