Anthropology and archaeology
Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 428 2183 | Internal 82183
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- Anthropology Plus - combines the Anthropological Literature database from Harvard University and the Anthropological Index from the Royal Anthropological Institute, dating from the late 19th century to the present.
- AnthroSource - provides access to over 100 years of anthropological material published by the American Anthropological Association (AAA).
- Archaeology Data Service (ADS) - the aim of the ADS is "to collect, describe, catalogue, preserve and provide user support for digital resources that are created as a product of archaeological research".
- Digimap - service delivering maps and map data to UK Higher Education, including the following: Digimap - Ordnance Survey Collection, Historic Digimap, Geology Digimap.
- eHRAF Archaeology - eHRAF (Human Relations Area Files) Archaeology is an online, full-text database with information on prehistory of the world. This database, modeled after eHRAF World Cultures, is unique in that the information is organized into archaeological traditions and the text is numerically subject-indexed according to HRAF's modified Outline of Cultural Materials (OCM).
- eHRAF World Cultures - eHRAF (Human Relations Area Files) World Cultures is an online cross-cultural database that contains information on all aspects of cultural and social life. The annually-growing eHRAF database is unique in that the information is organized into cultures and ethnic groups and the full-text sources are subject-indexed at the paragraph level.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.