Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 331 5417 | Internal 15417
Contact us if you would like some advice. We can help you to:
Key subject resources
- Aerospace Research Central (ARC) - previously known as the AIAA Electronic Library, provides access to approximately 6,000 papers a year from technical conferences covering every aspect of aerospace engineering.
- ASTM International Compass - collection of industry-leading standards and technical engineering information created by the world's top technical experts and business professionals from 135 countries.
- Compendex - comprehensive interdisciplinary engineering database.
- ESDU Validated Engineering Data - provides validated design data, methods and software for engineers.
- IEEE Xplore - full text access to technical literature from IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) journals, transactions, magazines, letters, conference proceedings, standards, and IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology) publications from 1988 onwards (with select content back to 1953).
- Scopus - large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, including: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings across the fields of science, technology, Medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
- Study support
- Library video tutorials - topics include: how to locate books and journals; understanding references on reading lists.
- Finding and using information - covering key aspects of information skills, including: researching a topic; effective use of Google; evaluating your search results; avoiding plagiarism.
- Referencing using EndNote
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.