Postgraduate study at Bristol
The University of Bristol has a long history of attracting the brightest and most gifted individuals from across the world, who come here to maximise their potential through our postgraduate taught and research programmes.
Before you apply
- Check our entry requirements. Find these in our programme finder.
- Not sure if your qualifications are accepted? Browse our country-specific information to find out.
- Is your English at the required level for your course? Check our language requirements.
- Need to improve your English before starting? Check our entry requirements for our International Graduate Programme and our entry requirements for our pre-sessional courses.
Fees and scholarships
- What funding and scholarship opportunities are available? Read about funding options or search for a scholarship.
- How much are tuition fees? Tuition fees depend on your programme of study.
- How much will it cost to live in Bristol? Read more about your likely living expenses.
- How much are tuition fees for the International Graduate Programme? Find these on the Centre for English Language website.
- How much are tuition fees for pre-sessional courses? Find these on the Centre for English Language website.
The University organises a range of tours. Please come and visit us and have a look around.
Come and meet and talk to our staff at exhibitions and fairs held in your country; find out when we are visiting you.
City life in Bristol was voted the best in Britain in the Whatuni Student survey of 20,000 university students across the country in 2015.
Bristol has also been awarded European Green Capital status for 2015. The University is hosting a series of events and activities to make Bristol one of the UK’s greenest cities.
How to apply
- For a postgraduate degree, find out how to apply online.
- For the International Graduate Programme, apply to the Centre for English Language and Foundation Studies directly.
After you have applied
When you have accepted your offer
- Where you can live, when to apply and how much it costs, for postgraduate degree and International Graduate Programme students
- Where you can live, when to apply and how much it costs, for pre-sessional English language students
Visa advice and support
- Do you need a visa to study here? Read more about the visa application process, documents you need and when to apply.
Before you leave home
Ranked among the top five universities for research in the UK
We currently have 2,300 international postgraduate students from over 100 countries studying at Bristol
£156 million invested in the University estate from 2011-2014