Scholarships for University of Bristol Alumni
University of Bristol alumni who go on to study for a postgraduate degree – either taught or research – at Bristol can benefit from a 10 per cent reduction in tuition fees.
The 10 per cent discount is available for students who start their postgraduate degree on or after August 1 2017 and will be applied to their tuition fees for the full duration of the programme.
To be eligible for a discount, students must:
- be progressing within 10 years of graduation:
- either from the final year of an undergraduate programme to an eligible* taught master’s or PhD programme at the University
- or from a taught master’s programme to an eligible* PhD programme at the University;
- be registered at the University (although they can be studying at another partner institution);
- apply and pay fees directly to the University;
- be wholly or partly self-funded (in the case of the latter the discount is applied only to the self-funded part of the fee and not the whole fee).
The following exclusions apply:
- Students studying at the University but registered with another partner institution (for example, through a Centre for Doctoral Training) are not eligible for a discount.
- Students who do not pay their fees directly to the University are not eligible for a discount.
- Applications or deferrals where the student’s start date is more than 10 years after they graduated will not be eligible for a discount.
- The discount is only applied to the self-funded element of the tuition fee. If tuition fees are paid (either in full or in part) by a sponsor or research council, the discount is not passed on to the sponsoring organisation.
PhD, MD, EdD, MSc, MA, LLM, Med, MRes, MSc by research
MPhil/PhD or MLitt/PhD or MMus/PhD – so long as applicants who are enrolled on an MPhil/MLitt/MMus intend to progress to a full PhD award
Not eligible programmes:
Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, PGCE, modular programmes, Graduate Diploma, EdD Hong Kong programme
MPhil/MLitt/MMus – where applicants are enrolled on a stand-alone MPhil/MLitt/MMus and are not aiming for direct progression to a full PhD award
For further information please email email@example.com