Photo gallery

Botanic Garden, Stoke Bishop

Botanic Garden, Stoke Bishop - Alan Russell, Zed Photography

Botanic Garden, Stoke Bishop

Adjacent to the Holmes are the University's 1.77 hectare Botanic Gardens, opened to the public in March 2006.  The University has had a botanic garden since the 19th Century and the current site is the fourth to be used

Centre for Nanoscience and Quantum Information

Centre for Nanoscience and Quantum Information - © Liz Eve / fotohaus

Centre for Nanoscience and Quantum Information

The latest building on Tyndall Avenue, designed by Capita Architecture and opened in 2009, the Centre for Nanoscience and Quantum Information provides a unique noise and vibration free environment for nanoscience research

Chemistry Building renovation

Chemistry Building renovation - Alan Russell, Zed Photography

Chemistry Building renovation

Alongside the new Synthetic Chemistry building, the University's existing Chemistry building constructed in the 1960's was fully renovated in 2005-2007

Dolberry Building

Dolberry Building - © Liz Eve / fotohaus

Dolberry Building - Centre for Research into Animal Welfare and Behaviour

The Dolberry Building at Langford veterinary campus designed by NVB Architects and completed in 2009 the building houses research into a range of animal welfare issues.

Fenswood Farm, Long Ashton

Fenswood Farm, Long Ashton - Alan Russell, Zed Photography

Fenswood Farm, Long Ashton

A view of the Fenswood Farm site at Long Ashton, used by the University as a field station for Biological Sciences research

H.H. Wills Physics laboratory

H.H. Wills Physics Laboratory - © Liz Eve / fotohaus

H.H. Wills Physics Laboratory

The Henry Herbert Wills Physics laboratory, designed by Sir George Oakley and opened in October 1927

Inside the H.H. Wills Physics laboratory

Inside the H.H. Wills Physics laboratory - © Liz Eve / fotohaus

Inside the H.H. Wills Physics laboratory

Refurbished Physics teaching laboratories within the H.H. Wills Physics building

National Composites Centre

National Composites Centre - © Liz Eve / fotohaus

National Composites Centre, Bristol and Bath Science Park

A sunset view of the National Composites Centre at the Bristol and Bath Science Park.  This building houses cutting edge composites research, was designed by the Bristol architects Stride Treglown and was opened in the summer of 2011

School of Chemistry

Synthetic Chemistry - © Liz Eve / fotohaus

Synthetic Chemistry

A new building for Synthetic Chemistry teaching and research, designed by Percy Thomas Partnership and opened in 1999

St Michael's Hill villas

St Michael's Hill villas - Alan Russell, Zed Photography

St Michael's Hill villas

A view of University properties in the historic St Michael's Hill conservation area

The Holmes

The Holmes, Stoke Bishop - Alan Russell, Zed Photography

The Holmes, Stoke Bishop

The Holmes, part of the University's Stoke Bishop residential site.  The building came to prominence during World War II when from 1943  - 1944 the Holmes was used as headquarters for senior US generals including Eisenhower and Bradley.  It is now used as a hall of residence

The Orangery, Goldney Hall

The Orangery, Goldney Hall - Alan Russell, Zed Photography

The Orangery, Goldney Hall

The Orangery, part of Goldney House and gardens, University hall of residence and hospitality centre located in Clifton village.  The house was commissioned in 1723 and the gardens were laid out progressively from the 1730's

Archaeological Investigation

Archaeological investigation on St Michael's Hill

Archaeological investigation, St Michael's Hill

Archaeological investigation being carried out on the former Children’s Hospital site on St Michael’s Hill in 2009, prior to the construction of the Bristol Life Sciences Building. The excavation shows part of the site of the Royal Fort, a purpose built English Civil War citadel which dominated much of what is now the current main site of the University

Social Sciences Entrance

Entrance to Social Sciences - © Liz Eve / fotohaus

Entrance to Social Sciences

The new entrance way for Social Sciences in Priory Rd, opened in 2009. This links the Grade 2 listed 8 Woodland Rd with more modern purpose built University buildings in Priory Rd

GSoE Libary

Graduate School of Education Library - © Liz Eve / fotohaus

Graduate School of Education Library

The new Graduate School of Education Library at 35 Berkeley Square, part of a larger project to renovate the building, designed by Capita Architecture and completed in 2010