High Performance Networks Group
Single-mode fibre in optical communication
The High Performance Networks (HPN) Group, which is part of the Smart Internet Lab and led by Professor Reza Nejabati, specialises in the application of advanced hardware and software technologies, targeting the future optical networks for Internet of Things (IoTs), data centres, grid/cloud based applications and distributed technologies etc. The Group is equipped with world-class laboratories, including state of the art optical transmission testbeds and software-defined network experimental platforms.
The Group has been at the forefront of world research and development in the fields of:
- Next generation optical transmission networks
- Optical packet and burst switching
- Optical data centre solutions and architecture
- Grid and cloud networking
- Software defined networking (SDN) and optical network virtualisation
- Hybrid-network domains orchestration and service management
- Smart City ICT Solutions.