CV (pdf 92kB)
CMPO Working Papers
CMPO Research in Public Policy
- Applied micro-econometrics, the economics of education and pay, education and child development, poverty dynamics.
Recent Journal Articles
- “The Causal Effect of Education on Wages Revisited”, Forthcoming in Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics. DOI: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.2012.00708.x
- "Raising the School Leaving Age: Returns in Later Life” (with Franz Buscha). Forthcoming in Economics Letters. DOI: 10.1016/j.econlet.2012.06.018.
- "What determines the return to education: an extra year or a hurdle cleared" (with Sarah Smith), Economics of Education Review, vol. 30, no. 6 (December 2011), pp. 1167-1176
- "Economic Returns to Education: What We Know, What We Don't Know, and Where We Are Going -- Some Brief Pointers" (with Colm Harmon), Economics of Education Review, vol. 30, no. 6 (December 2011), pp. 1118-1122
- “Employment, Family Union and Childbearing Decisions in Great Britain” (with Arnstein Aassve, Simon Burgess and Carol Propper), Journal of the Royal Statistical Society (Series A), vol. 169, no. 4 (October 2006), pp. 781-804
- “The Analysis of Poverty Data with Endogenous Transitions” (with Simon Burgess and Carol Propper), Fiscal Studies, vol. 27, no. 1 (March 2006), pp. 75-98
Current Working Papers and Supplementary Material