Adjustment at Bristol 2018: all you need to know
Adjustment is a UCAS service that allows you to gain a place on an alternative course if you exceed the terms of your firm offer.
Adjustment vacancies will be advertised from Thursday 16 August 2018.
You can register for Adjustment and then contact the University of Bristol without losing your firm choice. This means you can find out if we can offer you a place, and you will still keep your firm choice if we can't.
The UCAS website explains what happens in Adjustment.
If you are waiting for your results, register your interest and we will email you on results day with a list of courses available through Adjustment at Bristol.
When is Adjustment?
Adjustment is open from Thursday 16 August 2018 until Friday 31 August 2018.
We will advertise any vacancies at Bristol from 16 August when A-level results are published.
Who can apply to Bristol through Adjustment?
UK, EU and international students can use Adjustment.
You can apply for Adjustment vacancies if you:
- fulfil the eligibility criteria and have registered for the UCAS Adjustment scheme, and;
- you meet the entry requirements for your chosen course, as stated in our online course finder.
You can use Adjustment if you have applied to Bristol previously, as long as you:
- have registered for UCAS Adjustment and;
- you meet the entry requirements as stated in our online course finder and;
- we have vacancies in the subject you are interested in.
How to apply through Adjustment
You will need to register for Adjustment on UCAS Track before we can confirm your place at Bristol. You can do this without losing your current firm choice.
- Browse our list of vacancies for Home/EU or international applicants to see if there is a course you are interested in.
- Contact us to see if we can offer you a place. Make sure you have your UCAS personal ID number and exam results and make it clear that you are calling about an Adjustment vacancy.
- If we can offer you a place we will send you an offer email. Please respond to this email to confirm you would like to accept a place at Bristol.
- We will then add your course to your UCAS application and you will be placed automatically at Bristol.
The UCAS website explains what happen in Adjustment.
We are a UK top ten university offering a world-class education in one of the UK's most attractive cities. Discover how Bristol can offer you the very best of student life.