What do Bristol Postgraduates do?
Nearly 1,500 Bristol postgraduates were contacted in April 2013 and January 2014, as part of the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey (DLHE).
These results show UK and EU leavers, but not those from outside the EU. An overall response rate of 69% was achieved (c. 1,000 replies).
Known Destinations of Taught Postgraduates 2012/13
- Working full-time - 57.3%
- Working part-time - 14.9%
- Unemployed and looking for work - 3.8%
- Due to start a job in the next month - 1.3%
- Full-time further study - 11.7%
- Part-time further study - 1.3%
- Taking time out in order to travel - 2.0%
- Something else - 3.8%
- Refusal - 4.0%
Known Destinations of Research Postgraduates 2012/13
- Working full-time - 68.1%
- Working part-time - 10.6%
- Unemployed and looking for work - 1.9%
- Due to start a job in the next month - 0.0%
- Full-time further study - 7.4%
- Part-time further study - 1.0%
- Taking time out in order to travel - 1.3%
- Something else - 4.5%
- Refusal - 5.2%
Further Destinations Information
- Due to the small number of students on most postgraduate courses, we do not publish detailed destinations information for individual subjects, for data protection reasons. Please contact the Graduate Destinations and Statistics Team if you require destinations information for a specific postgraduate course.
- If you are exploring possible careers options for your subject area, it can be helpful to get ideas from the undergraduate destinations data. This contains more detailed information about occupations and employers. Around 50% of graduate jobs in the UK are open to graduates and postgraduates from any discipline.
- What do researchers do? National career profiles and destinations information.
- Our case studies feature over 90 postgraduates, who reveal how their qualification has helped them in their current employment, as well as providing some great hints and tips for those currently job hunting.
- You may also be interested in gaining career insights from our Careers Network volunteers.