Helping you find & gain a job
Vacancies for University of Bristol students and graduates, alternative job sources and information to get you started in your job search.
Getting stuck trying to find vacancies?
Search jobs advertised through the Careers Service, including:
- Graduate jobs
- Term time/part time work
- Internships and placements
Jobs for University of Bristol graduates and students
Part-time / term-time work - The JobShop
Looking to earn a little extra money whilst studying?
Our JobShop helps advertise part-time work aimed at University of Bristol students.
Information can also be found on:
In your final year?
When to start searching?
- High-profile period - October to January inclusive
- Generally, employers look for finalists to start in the following summer. Employers in engineering, finance, law, IT and the Civil Service start recruiting particularly early in the year. Miss out on this process and you risk missing some major recruiters who only recruit annually.
- During the summer term and after graduation
- This is the time for a series of national recruitment fairs for students, including the Summer Fair at Bristol. See our careers fairs page for more details about upcoming fairs.
- Throughout the year
- There are many employers who look for graduates as and when they need them. These range from small employers, recruiting infrequently, to large employers with a continuous need for recruits.
Finding work in Bristol
Our vacancy list is a great place to start looking for jobs in Bristol, but here are a few other places you might like to try.
Places to find local vacancies
- Jobcentre Plus - government agency supporting people into work.
- bristol-recruitment.co.uk - job vacancies from several major job boards.
- Gumtree - classified job listings.
- Jobsite.co.uk - local newspapers (such as those below, The Metro and Venue) advertise these jobs.
- Indeed.com this search engine trawls company sites for direct recruitment opportunities.
- Grad South West vacancies.
- The Bristol Post - Bristol's main newspaper. Includes a jobs supplement every Wednesday, print copy available from the Careers Service.
Making speculative applications
Cannot find what you want on vacancy websites? It might be worth considering applying speculatively.
Take a look at our How to research employers pages to help find companies to apply to in the local area.
One key resource on to highlight is the Bristol Business Guide which has a directory of all businesses operating in Bristol.
Selected graduate vacancy websites
If you are struggling to find vacancies you may want to consider using some of these websites. The University of Bristol Careers Service cannot recommend one website over another.
Regional and international jobs
Jobs by UK region
Take a look at our jobhunting by UK region page to see a list of localised vacancy sources across the UK
Our international work and study pages offers a large amount of information about finding working abroad