Careers Advice and Guidance
- Find Careers Advice on our Website
- Speak to Someone for Advice, Guidance or Information
- Personal Development Planning (PDP) - A Guide for Busy Students
- Bristol PLuS Award - gain recognition for your professional and life skills
- Top tips for job hunting in a competitive market and further help to find & gain a job
- Tailored content for:
Find Careers Advice on our Website
You may find your questions answered right here on our Careers Service website. Below is a list of frequently asked topics:
- I Haven't A Clue what I want to do! How do I decide?
- I know what I want to do but I need help Finding a Job.
- I want to do something related to My Degree. What options do I have?
- How do I gain useful Work Experience?
- I need help with CVs, Covering Letters and Application Forms
- I want to apply speculatively (download our guide to Creative Job Search and Networking (PDF, 625 KB))
- I need help with Interviews
- I need to know about Assessment and Selection Centres
- How do I prepare for Selection Tests?
- I want to Change/Leave My Course
- I want to take a Year Out After Graduation
- How do I find Part-time Work?
- How do I improve my Employability and skills development?
- I am thinking about Further Study. What do I need to know?
- Does social networking affect my recruitment chances?
- I need help with diversity issues
- I did not get the degree classification I expected
Our How to... guides provide a summary of key resources that can help you prepare in advance of talking to a careers adviser.
Speak To Someone for Advice, Guidance or Information
Careers Advice and Guidance: You can talk to a careers adviser during a 15 minute appointment. If the issues raised require a careers appointment (45 minutes), the careers adviser can arrange this with you.
We also offer an Advice By Email service to University of Bristol graduates during the first three years after graduation as well as current students on a Year-Out (e.g. in industry, language students abroad).
Careers Information: If you are trying to track down some information and can't find it on our Careers Catalogue, please ask one of our Information Specialists at the Resources Help Desk.
JobShop / Part-Time Work: If your query relates specifically to finding part-time work please see JobShop our dedicated service for students seeking term-time or vacation work.
Information For Students Who Have a Disability
Go to our webpages for information on the facilities the Careers Service can offer you.