Support for staff
We provide a range of support and opportunities to bring academics and professional services staff together across disciplines to work on environmental challenges at the university. We support our research community to convene and connect, and to facilitate new collaborations, skills, and knowledge. Read on to find out how we can support you.
Connect with others and join our research community
- Join a vibrant and well-established research community to share ideas, network and find new research partners from other disciplines. We can help you to make connections and find the perfect person to complement your research.
- We have a broad range of themes, who are co-led by academic colleagues. If you’d like to join these research communities to connect with others, please visit our Sharepoint site.
- We work in partnership with other external organisations and are part of global networks. We can help you to make connections, which can help you to increase the impact of your research. To find out more please visit our Sharepoint site.
- Access funding to support your research and ideas.
- As an institute we offer small pots of funding to help support new research, ideas and collaborations, to find out more about our internal funding opportunities visit our Sharepoint site.
- We also help signpost you to available funding opportunities, working closely with our colleagues in DREI.
If you’d like to discuss research collaborations and are interested in finding out more about how we can help, please contact email@example.com.
Promote your research and reach new audiences
- Get help with promoting your research and events across Cabot’s vast network of colleagues, collaborators and thousands of followers on our social networks.
- Access free bespoke communications training for environmental researchers. To find out more about our Cabot Communicators training, please visit our Sharepoint site.
- We can help you to get your research in the press and media and can provide media training for those wanting to do television and radio interviews.
- We can connect you to The Conversation and support you with your pitch via the university’s Press Office and our dedicated Media Manager, Victoria Tagg.
Please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep in touch and get involved
- Get dedicated weekly environmental research news, information on upcoming events and opportunities straight to your inbox every Tuesday. Sign up to receive the newsletter with your university email address.
- You can also submit content to Cabot Mail to share with the Cabot community and beyond. Please send content to email@example.com. Deadline for submission is every Friday.
- We regularly run both internal and external events, which will help you to develop new connections and open up new opportunities for collaboration. You can find out more about our upcoming internal events via our Sharepoint site and external events are hosted on our website.
- If you have an idea or are running an interdisciplinary environmental event or workshop, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we might be able to help.
Educational & development opportunities
- We are supporting colleagues across the university to connect on areas of environmental education to help create opportunities that nurtures interdisciplinary environmental researchers and leader across career stages. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact email@example.com.
- Through our Cabot Institute Master's by Research in Global Environmental Challenges programme, we provide a mechanism for academic colleagues to co-supervise year-long research students across different faculties. If you are interested in finding out more or proposing a project please visit our Sharepoint site.
- We also host training and personal development opportunities often with other colleagues or external provided to find out more visit our sharepoint site.
Affiliate with us
Affiliating with us adds prestige to your outputs and communications.
Find out how to tag us in PURE, follow us on social media and use our logo and ready-made templates on our Sharepoint site.
Join the Institute
If you are a member of University of Bristol research staff, you can affiliate yourself with the Institute. Find out how to join our environmental research community on our Sharepoint site.
Seedcorn funding available 2023/24
We have seedcorn funding available every year for staff. The next funding call will be launched in May. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.