Education Development Projects
Applications for 22/23 are now closed.
Provides funding of up to £1500 and/or mentoring support to develop and deliver an innovative teaching and learning project around particular, annually changing themes and disseminate outcomes across the university and beyond. Funding can be used in a variety of ways we particularly encourage funds to be used to engage students as paid partners in research.
Projects should aim to support evidence-informed innovation at Bristol, developing excellence in learning, teaching and assessment and improving the student experience.
Applications should illustrate the potential to embed and sustain projects, activities and initiatives should the outcomes prove to be of significant Programme, School, Departmental, Faculty or University benefit. Projects which have the potential for cross-disciplinary application are of particular interest.
Projects have now been selected for 22/23 and align with the one of the following themes informed by the University’s education strategy and BILT’s priorities:
Students belonging and wellbeing in the curriculum. For example:
- How can we design curricula and sessions to build students sense of belonging and promote their wellbeing?
What kind of activities and engagement help include all students, help bring them together and improve their wellbeing?
Designing active learning sessions – in-person and online. For example:
- How can we design in-person session to attract and engage students?
How can we engage students with online material to complement the in-person session?
Assessment and feedback. For example:
- Assessment that promotes student agency across all years of a programme, including projects and research .
- Authentic assessment and assessment reflecting the Bristol Skills Framework.
- Group projects and group dissertations.
Applications for these opportunities are now closed for 22/23. Applications for 23/24 will open in TB2 2022.