BILT was launched in June 2017 with the aim of inspiring learning and teaching innovation and excellence across the University and beyond.
BILT has four high-level, long term priorities:
- Developing teaching recognition and celebrating success
- Championing students as co-creators and researchers
- Promoting programmatic design of curricula, in line with the Bristol Futures Curriculum Framework
- Encouraging evidence-informed practice and the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching
BILT's focus for 2020/21 is:
- Digital and blended learning, including understanding staff and student experiences
- Decolonising the curriculum
- Assessment and feedback
- Professional development for staff across roles and levels of experience
BILT current activities include:
- Professional development, including the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice, the CREATE HEA Fellowship scheme, digital and blended learning courses
- Celebrating staff through the Bristol Teaching Awards, the Best of Bristol lecture series and supporting National Teaching Fellowship and Collaborative Award for Teaching Excellence nominations
- Funding for teaching innovation and staff/student projects
- Sharing practice through the BILT blog, podcast and video channels, and case studies
- Student collaboration, including BILT Student Fellows and Student Hackathons
Sign up to our fortnightly BILT Briefing to find out about the latest BILT events, news, resources and opportunities.
Follow us on Twitter for the latest BILT updates and other sector news and resources.