BILT was launched in June 2017 with the aim of inspiring innovation and excellence across the University and beyond. Since it’s inception, it has grown significantly; engaging with hundreds of staff and growing its core team almost three-fold, while still striving to achieve the same aim.
BILT’s work is organised through five high-level priorities:
- Championing student engagement
- Working with programme teams
- Continuing professional development
- Research-informed teaching
- Recognition, reward and celebration
- Digital and physical learning environment (in partnership with DEO)
BILT core activities include:
- Hosting events, such as the Bristol Teaching Awards, Best of Bristol lecture series.
- Providing grants and funds for staff looking to develop innovation in their teaching.
- Disseminating good practice through a blog, podcast, video channel.
- Developing practice through online pedagogy toolkits and professional and curriculum development workshops.
- Hosting learning communities to develop knowledge and practice in key areas.
- Collaborating and coproducing resources with students via our Student Fellows and other activities.
There are a number of pedagogical areas we are focussing on as an institute, including assessment, spaces, co-creation and student partnership and research-informed teaching.
Sign up to our fortnightly BILT Briefing to find out about the latest BILT events, news, resources and opportunities.
Follow us on Twitter for the latest BILT updates and other sector news and resources.