About the Academic Registry
What does the Academic Registry do?
The Academic Registry is responsible for providing critical services in support of education at the University of Bristol.
- We support the development and fulfilment of education strategy at the University of Bristol by contributing professional knowledge, managing and supporting educational governance and assisting senior academic leaders in the discharge of their responsibilities.
- We provide advice, guidance and information (and where appropriate, leadership) in relation to education policy, process, infrastructure, support mechanisms and pedagogic practice to a range of partners (academic, students and other Professional Services) in order to enhance our educational offering and the student experience.
- We facilitate information management by the gathering, collation, structuring, analysing and dissemination of a range of education related data for internal and external use and is critical to both data stewardship and systems support.
- We manage elements of education related risk on behalf of the University by undertaking quality assurance and other compliance type activities.
- We support key activities in the undergraduate and postgraduate student lifecycles and delivers student facing specialist services.
View our Strategic Plan, governing our priorities until 2016/17 (PDF, 405kB)
Among the services we provide for students and staff are:
We are also home to the Academic Quality and Partnerships Office which manages quality assurance and enhancement activities on behalf of the University, the Technology Enhanced Learning team which supports innovation in teaching and learning and the Bristol Doctoral College which provides a focal point for doctoral training activity and researcher development across the University.
Teams within Academic Registry.
Academic Registry Structure January 2016 (PDF, 155kB)